So how do you go about picking the right appliance for your needs? With the help of this kitchen appliance buying guide…
1. Don’t just look at what is in front of you. Ask about guarantee, service warranties, spare part availability as this could be very useful months and years down the line.
2. Ensure you measure the space you have for the appliance in question BEFORE you buy as although there are standard sizes a few milimetres can make the difference between made to fit and a big problem!
3. Research your Kitchen Appliances online before buying as you can get real people’s advice on them. You can also then use price aggregation sites such as price runner and Google products to find the best price. Just take care when buying from sources you don’t know and check that they have the product in stock before ordering. Otherwise you could wait months after payment for your item.
4. Don’t just go for the obvious kitchen appliances either when buying. If you are a foodie think about adding things like chopper, electric peeler, food processors, grillers, roasting pans, and waffle irons to your arsenal, while if you like a drink why not entertain buying juicers, coffeemakers (grinders) and electric hot water pots.
5. Think carefully about how much you use something before buying and then apportion the majority of your budget to that item or items. It is amazing how we spend an equal amount on one appliance that we use once a month as we do something we use every day. Buy cheap for things that we use less often as this will allow you to spend more on the heavy usage items. And don’t buy big if you only need small as it is easy to get carried away.